Search This Blog

9.07.2011

Salt and Vinegar Potato Salad

Okay, yum.  I had seen this recipe around the web in several sites and finally decided to try it.  A potato salad that gets away from the heavy egg-y mayo.  I'm picky about potato salad. I don't like tons of dill.  I don't like pickle relish in it.  I don't like heavy mayo but I've never liked other potato salad dressed with anything else either.  (Eww to German potato salad.  For a girl who likes hash browns with her eggs and bacon, I don't like bacon in my potato salad.)    I haven't had a good potato salad since we went egg free.


Salt and vinegar potato salad
 



But this recipe caught my attention a couple of months ago.  Not enough to make it but I thought on it a bit.  Then I saw it again on another website.  Then today as I was shopping for groceries, I was tempted to buy potato salad.  Reaaaallllly tempted.  So close.  I was salivating...

I bought potatoes instead.  And searched for the recipe I had seen earlier in the year. Found it!  Slice, boil, mix, drain, toss, Eat-- Yum!

Salt and Vinegar Potato Salad

3 pounds new potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces, boiled and drained.  (I used white red and purple new potatoes)

Red,white and purple new potatos.
1/2 sweet onion large dice/small slice

3/4 grapeseed oil
2/3 vinegar (I used white vinegar.  Cider vinegar would be fantastic if you can use it!)
2 tsp. Old Bay Spice Blend
2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar

Mix all ingredients together.  Serve warm or let it sit for 1/2 hour so flavors have a chance to blend.




Leftovers (if there are any) are pretty good the next day too.  This simple recipe obviously focuses the attention on the potatos.  There are any number of additions you can add like green beans, red onions, etc.  Have fun and...

Enjoy!
~Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment